Jaco Machine Works is an AS9100 and ISO9001 certified manufacturer of precision components, assemblies, and kits for technology leaders in Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Optical and Scientific industries. Multi-generation family management assures continuity and longevity in our customer relationships. Here are some milestones in our history:
- 1979 Jaco Machine Works is founded by industrial engineer Floyd Smith, following a successful career managing aluminum extrusion, anodizing and machining factory.
- 2001 2nd generation Smiths, Jeff and Andy take over Jaco Machine Works’ management and chart a course for growth and diversification.
- 2009 30th anniversary – Jaco Machine Works receives ISO9001:2008 certification.
- 2011 Jaco Machine Works expands with an 80% increase in floor space and automated CNC machinery designed to produce precision, complex parts in few operations with low direct labor.
- 2015 Jaco Machine Works acquires and moves into 30,000ft building in Scotts Valley, CA – a 6X increase. Earns coveted AS9100 certification of Quality Management System.
- 2017 Jaco Machine Works smashes Q1 revenue and income records on strong growth in aerospace and medical device sectors.
- 2018 Jaco Machine Works launches new Additive Manufacturing initiative, acquiring MarkForged® 3D printing equipment for making precision composite. Lands aerospace project to precision machine 3D printed aluminum part.
- 2019 Initiative launched to obtain ISO13485 quality system certification.
Jaco Machine Works Mission Statement
Jaco Machine Works seeks to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers by consistently supplying the best value in high precision custom machined parts and assemblies, inspection and engineering services to high technology industries.
Quality Statement for Jaco Machine Works
Jaco Machine Works’ customers will not accept discrepant material. They prefer not to inspect incoming products and desire trustworthy suppliers who can reliably deliver defect-free products. Jaco Machine Works’ success depends on being a supplier who can exceed this basic customer expectation. We will improve our management system and our manufacturing processes to achieve this goal. This will be accomplished using measurable quality objectives communicated throughout the organization.
Jaco Machine Works Commitment to the Environment
Jaco Machine Works is a responsible member of the business community working to reduce our impact on the planet and to improve the environment in our community. Click here to download our environmental policy.
Our customer base is well diversified in key high technology sectors of the economy. Our customers include small regional innovators as well as multinational industry leaders.
Located in Scotts Valley, Jaco Machine Works’ proximity to the booming Bay Area and Silicon Valley high tech industries allows us to be available to assist our customers and their immediate needs and provide face-to-face communication and support.