Design for Manufacturing Assistance
Design for manufacturing (DFM) is the process of designing precision components with the goal of simplifying manufacturing and lowering costs. Designers, engineers, and manufacturers work together throughout production to minimize assembly steps, use readily available parts and materials, and optimize manufacturing for a high-performing and cost-effective outcome.
Jaco Machine Works’ experienced team of manufacturing engineers is available to work closely with your engineering and design departments to provide comprehensive DFM assistance. We work together to identify opportunities for manufacturing and production optimization. Between Jaco’s precise manufacturing techniques and ISO9001:2015 & AS9100D certified quality management system, you can be confident that you will receive properly reviewed, high-quality products on time and at a competitive price.
Jaco’s Design for Manufacturing Review Process
Jaco Machine Works is proud to provide our customers with valuable insight into product and process optimization. We strive to improve your product’s machinability and performance while reducing costs and lead time. Each design is reviewed for a number of features that can impact your components’ effectiveness and production cost, accounting for factors and considerations such as:
- Availability and cost of raw metals, materials, finishing processes, etc
- Use and availability of standard materials and comparable equivalents
- Appropriateness of materials to the manufacturing process
- Product complexity and tolerance requirements for machinability
- Design improvements to ease manufacturing
- Design and develop custom tooling, jigs, fixtures, work holdings, and functional gages to increase production speed and accuracy.
Jaco Machine Works’ engineering team works closely with our experienced machinists to ensure precise and repeatable production results. Lean, reliable manufacturing operations and statistical process controls minimize variations and discrepancies to ensure consistent part conformance.
The Benefits of DFM Assistance
Design for manufacturing assistance from experienced machinists saves you costs on time, money, and labor. By identifying opportunities for manufacturing optimization, your precision parts will be produced with greater efficiency and less waste. Our teams collaborate to create a solution individualized to your business, workflow, and outputs. Other benefits of Jaco Machine Works’ DFM and engineering assistance include, but are not limited to:
- Improved quality and part performance
- Improved manufacturability and inspection
- Ability to avoid design or manufacturing changes late in the process
- Reduced costs on higher volume production
- Reduced time-to-market.
Available Technology for DFM Optimization Services
We maintain an extensive roster of programs and equipment to optimize your production processes, including:
- Solidworks® 2019. 3D mechanical design system for product development, fixture, and tool design
- Solidworks Inspector®. Quality assurance tool to provide inspection data collection, statistical process control, and inspection report automation.
- GibbsCAM®. Solids-based tool-path generation for 3-, 4-, and 5-axis CNC milling and multi-axis turn-mill machining centers.
- Autodesk Partmaker®. Solids-based tool-path generations for multi-axis turn-mill and Swiss screw machines.
- Eiger®. 3D printing design software to take solid models and prepare them for direct 3D printing.
Why Choose Jaco for Design for Manufacturing Services?
Whatever your application may be, Jaco Machine Works’ engineers and talented operations professionals are determined to help you succeed. Alongside design for manufacturing services, Jaco Machine Works offers rigorous quality control protocols, expert engineering, and unparalleled supply chain management capabilities. Your success and satisfaction are always our top priorities.
Request a quote to take advantage of our DFM assistance. Your process begins when you send us your solid model files for direct import into our CAM software. We can accept IGS, DXF, STP, or Solidworks native files. Contact us with questions about our design for manufacturing or other custom precision machining services. Our highly trained representatives will respond shortly.