Delrin®, Acetal F17 and Polyoxymethylene (POM) Machining and Turning
At Jaco we use Delrin® in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability. Delrin (Polyoxymethylene/Acetal) is sold under many brand names such as Duracon®, Ramtal and Celcon®.
Commonly used in a wide range of applications, Delrin® and Acetal resins offer a unique combination of physical properties not found in other metals of plastics. High in strength, toughness and resistant to most chemicals and solvents, the reliability and cost benefits of this resin makes it ideal for use in demanding environments or mechanical applications.
Beneficial attributes of Delrin® and Acetal:
- Impressive mechanical strength and stiffness
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Resistance to moisture, solvents, gasolines and other neutral chemicals
- Good dimensional stability
- Excellent machinability
- Ability to withstand low temperatures (down to -40oC)
- High fatigue, impact and creep resistance
- Self-lubricating for bearing and wear surfaces
- Great electrical insulating characteristics
- Natural grade is FDA, NSF and USDA compliant
- Reduced weight and operational noise when compared to metals
- Avoid corrosion and rust problems when used as a metal replacement
To find out more about additional materials Jaco is experienced with machining, Click Here.
Whatever your Delrin® and Acetal application may be, Jaco Machine Works’ engineers and talented operations professionals are determined to help you succeed.