5-Axis CNC Machining Services
5-Axis CNC mills are advanced machines that allow machining on five axes in a single setup. This creates access to up to five sides of a part and to easily get at intricate workpiece features regardless of orientation to the traditional X-Y-Z planes of a traditional mill. Advanced 5-Axis CNC controllers drive all five axes simultaneously to generate complex tool paths, such as the organic shape of an orthopedic implant or turbine impeller. For simpler parts, the ability to machine multiple sides at multiple angles reduces setups, eliminates complex fixtures, and improves efficiency.
Jaco Machine Works is an ISO9001:2015 & ASD9100 D certified manufacturer of custom precision components for any application. We provide the industry’s best 5-axis machining and milling services and put each finished product through rigorous quality assurance inspections. We’ll help you find the best process to create your required precision components.
5-Axis Milling Capabilities & Features
Our 5-axis CNC machines assure high precision and accuracy through several advanced features:
- Powerful 5-axis CNC control
- Rigid machine constructions
- High-speed water-cooled spindle
- Precision glass scales
- Laser tool probe
- High-pressure chilled coolant system
- And more.
Jaco Machine Works’ 5-Axis Machines
Our fleet of 5-axis machines and their specifications include:
- Chiron FZ12MT 5-Axis Mill-Turn. New in 2019. 24,000 RPM 30hp tilting B-axis milling spindle. 48-tool Automatic Tool Changer. 2-1/2” bar-fed C-axis lathe spindle holds the workpiece. Back-working NC pick-off vise enables 6-sided machining to eject complete parts. Powerful FANUC 31i-B5 CNC controller and glass scale feedback enable full 5-axis milling with extremely high precision.
- Kitamura Hx250iF 5-Axis Horizontal Mill. 15,000 RPM 10hp milling spindle. 250mm 2-pallet Automatic Pallet Changer with 5-axis CNC table. 30-tool B30 Automatic Tool Changer. FANUC 16i CNC controller. Ideal for small parts with close tolerances and complex geometries.
Advanced 5-Axis Precision Milling for Any Industry
Our 5-axis mills produce custom components with complex geometries for an extensive range of industries, including:
Jaco Machine Works understands that product traceability and lot control is a non-negotiable requirement of many industries. That’s why we maintain full traceability throughout all our processes to stay in compliance with your rigorous regulatory specifications.
5-Axis Precision Machining Customer Success Story
An emerging medical device company’s product uses compressed nitrous oxide to freeze and temporarily block pain receptors in a patient’s limbs for up to three months. When applied prior to major surgical procedures, this technology greatly reduces patient discomfort with limited use of opioid painkillers.
The customer came to Jaco Machine Works with a need for greater precision in a critical component within the product. We machined the part complete in our Chiron 5-Axis to support the tighter tolerances. When the customer’s product earned FDA approval, we were able to ramp up production to meet increased demand and support our customer’s forecasts.
The Best 5-Axis CNC Machining & Milling Services for Precision Components
Whatever your application might be, Jaco’s engineers are happy to help bring your product to market in the shortest amount of time and at the lowest cost possible. Our focus is on supplying you with the best high-precision custom machined parts and products. We are committed to providing you with quality engineering, design services, and supply chain management that will exceed your expectations and meet every specification.