Horizontal CNC MachiningHorizontal Milling Centers (HMCs) are high-production machines that allow for cost-effective setups and shorter turnaround times while improving accuracy due to additional milling on a B-Axis. While otherwise similar to vertical mills, an HMC’s spindle is oriented on a horizontal axis of rotation. The familiar T-slot milling table is replaced by a square “pallet” precision-fitted to a B-Axis turntable. A fixture column mounted to the pallet creates vertical surface on which fixture plates or vises can be mounted to hold workpieces. The B-Axis can be rotated to present different faces to the spindle, allowing for multiple sides of a part to be machined in one fixture and program.
Jaco Machine Works’ engineers can design complex parts for your next project through custom horizontal CNC machining services. With over 40 years of experience, we will process, assemble, and clean your part on time and make sure it is ready for delivery. Our high-quality inventory management solutions ensure there is no disruption to your supply chain. We have the capabilities and services to meet any requirement every time.
Horizontal CNC Machining Capabilities & Features
We assure high precision and accuracy for all custom products machined in our HMC through many advanced features, including:
- Multi-pallet management systems to help reduce lead times
- Cell control software
- Automatic tool changer
- High-speed cooled spindle
- Renishaw OMP40 spindle probe
- High-pressure coolant thru spindle.
Jaco’s Horizontal CNC Milling Machines
Our fleet of horizontal CNC milling machines and their specifications include:
- Kitamura HX250iF. 15,000 RPM 10hp milling spindle. 250mm 2-pallet APC CNC table. 30-tool B30 ATC. FANUC 16i CNC controller. Ideal for small parts with close tolerance and complex geometries.
- Matsuura H+300 PC11. 20,000 RPM, 20hp spindle. 20x20x20” axis travel, 11-pallet flexible cell system, 240-tool ATC. Plenty of capacity for a variety of parts and is excellent for high-mix, low-volume manufacturing.
- Matsuura H+300 PC5. 15,000 RPM, 20hp spindle. 20x20x20” axis travel, 5-pallet flexible cell system, 240-tool ATC. Renishaw MP700 part probe and tool probe with break detection. State of the art in production automation for horizontal machining and designed for low-labor lights-out operation.
- Makino a51-A60. 12,000 RPM spindle, 30hp. 22x22x20” axis travel, dual 400mm pallet changer, 60-tool ATC. Jaco’s first and most ruggedly built horizontal CNC machine.
Precision Horizontal CNC Machining Center for Any Industry
Our HMCs are flexible machines, well-suited for large-scale, highly repeatable production or initial product development. We manufacture complex parts for multiple industries, including:
Horizontal CNC Machining Customer Success Story
Jaco Machine Works supplies precision optomechanical frames to a leading manufacturer of clinical eye care equipment. These critical parts are machined overnight on our automated horizontal machining cells, using custom fixtures and tool paths designed by our engineers. A programmable Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) inspects the finished parts the following day to assure quality. Tumble finishing, sub-assembly, and passivation are performed in-house to complete the process.
We then deliver the finished parts in reusable packaging directly to the customer’s optics cleanroom for assembly with our Vendor Managed Inventory program. We have earned a Certified Supplier award for outstanding quality and on-time delivery.
High-Quality HMC Services to Create Custom Precision Components
When you need a high-precision ISO9001-AS9100D certified manufacturer, Jaco Machine Works is the best choice for your next horizontal CNC machine project. From our quality assurance to our lot traceability, we are committed to working with you to ensure complete satisfaction. In addition to our HMC services, we also offer:
Our knowledgeable team will help you select the best machining service for your specific application.