CNC Screw Machining
Modern CNC Screw Machines are the mainstay of Jaco Machine Works’ Precision Turning Department. Favored for their accuracy, precision, and repeatability, 21st century screw machines incorporate features that make them highly versatile and productive. Advanced features including powerful CNC controls, dual spindles and live tooling, enables these marvels to produce parts with complex geometries complete in one operation. Jaco’s screw machines can support your high-volume production with high automation features:
- Bar feeders automatically load 12 feet bars of high quality raw material into the screw machine. When the bar has been completely consumed, the bar feeder automatically loads a new bar. This continuous process allows the manufacturing process to operate unattended for long periods.
- High pressure chilled cutting oil delivers a steady stream of temperature-controlled oil to the machining process. Multiple high velocity streams directed at the cutting tools tip lubricate and cool the cutting edges to promote long tool life and superior part surface finishes. Improved temperature control of the entire machine reduces part variation from environmental factors providing superior surface finish and tolerance control on your parts.
- Finished parts unloading is accomplished with air and coolant assisted part transfer to conveyor for automated handling and in-process inspection. An advanced system enables automated ejection of very long parts such as surgical instruments.
Screw machines are the ideal solution for precision machined small parts in medium to high volume, and they are well suited to long slender parts and those with complex geometries including:
- Electrical Interconnects
- Medical Devices
- Servomotor shafts
- Surgical Instruments
Jaco Machine Works Screw Machine fleet includes:
- Tornos ST-26 CNC 9-axis Swiss Screw Machine. Simultaneous machining at 10 hp, 10,000 rpm C-axis front and rear spindles. Driven tools for milling complex features at both spindles. Automatic raw stock bar load/feeder and finished part ejector. 1000 PSI chilled coolant. 1” dia bar thru spindle.
- Ganesh Cyclone 32CS 7-axis Screw Machine. Simultaneous machining on 10 hp, 6000 rpm C-axis front and rear spindles. 27 tools including driven face and side working tools at both main and sub spindles. 1.25” dia bar thru spindle. Automatic raw stock bar load/feeder and finished part ejector. New machines added 2016, 2017 and 2019
Customer Success Story:
A medical device customer of Jaco Machine Works develops innovative solutions for cervical spine care. Many of the surgical instruments in the customer’s implant delivery system are made on Jaco’s screw machines. With success in the healthcare market and growing demand for its products, the customer needed Jaco Machine Works to ramp up production. With deep insight into the manufacturing process, Jaco’s engineers showed the customer that subtle design changes in their parts could lead to greater machining efficiency. A particular part requiring three operations on separate machines was redesigned by Jaco Machine Works to enable machining complete in a single screw machine operation. Machining this part complete in one operation reduced overall machining time, saving cost and delivery lead time while increasing capacity to keep up with market demand!
Whatever your application might be, our engineers are happy to assist in any way to bring your product to market in the shortest amount of time and at the lowest cost possible.