Horizontal CNC Machining
Jaco Machine Works’ advanced CNC Horizontal Machines are high production, high precision powerhouses! While similar their vertical mill cousins, these machines’ spindles are oriented on a horizontal axis of rotation. Thus, the familiar t-slotted milling table is replaced by a square “pallet”, precision fitted to a CNC controlled B-axis turntable. A fixture column mounted to the pallet creates vertical surfaces on which fixture plates or vises can be mounted to hold workpieces. By rotating the B-axis, different faces of the workpiece can presented to the spindle, enabling multiple sides of a part to be machined in one fixture and program cycle.
High precision and accuracy are assured by these advanced features:
- Multi-pallet Management System automatically changes fixture pallets onto the B-axis NC table. Cell systems with storage of up to 11 pallets have room to dedicate specialized fixtures for many different precision components on the production schedule.
- Cell Control Software allows the part programs to be scheduled to run automatically in sequence, the stored tools and fixture pallets identified in the CNC part program are called up automatically.
- Automatic Tool Changer with storage for up to 240 tools allows many recurring jobs to be tooled up at all times, suitable for high mix, low volume production.
- High speed cooled spindle up to 20,000 RPM, 30hp servo motors have the speed and torque to sustain high material removal rates. Large spindle bearings support side loads from generous milling cuts.
- Renishaw OMP40 Spindle Probe mounted in the spindle, enables the takes precision in-process measurements of the workpiece. Automatic tool path compensation assures part quality.
- High pressure coolant thru spindle delivers high pressure coolant through the cutting tool directly to the cutting edges. Besides cooling and lubricating, chips are flushed away while holes can be drilled in. High pressure coolant flushes chips from the workpiece while cooling and lubricating the cutting edges to promote long tool life.
Jaco Machine Works’ Horizontal Machines
Kitamura HX250iF. 15,000 RPM 10hp milling spindle. 250mm 2-pallet APC CNC table. 30-tool B30 ATC. FANUC 16i CNC controller. Ideal for small parts with close tolerance and complex geometries
Matsuura H+300 PC11. 20,000 rpm, 20hp spindle. 20x20x20” axis travel, 11-pallet flexible cell system, 240-tool ATC. Plenty of capacity for a variety of parts - excellent for high mix, low volume manufacturing!
Matsuura H+300 PC5. 20 hp, 15,000 rpm spindle. 20x20x20” axis travel, 5-pallet flexible cell system, 240-tool ATC. Renishaw MP700 part probe and tool probe with break detection. State of the art in production automation for horizontal machining - designed for low labor lights out operation!
Makino a51-A60. 30 hp, 12,000 rpm spindle. 22x22x20” axis travel, dual 400mm pallet changer, 60-tool ATC. JACO’s first and most ruggedly built horizontal.
Horizontal CNC Machining Customer Success Story:
Jaco Machine Works supplies precision opto-mechanical frames to a leading manufacturer of clinical eye care equipment. These critical parts are machined overnight on Jaco’s automated horizontal machining cells, using custom fixtures and tool paths designed by our engineers. A programmable Coordinate Measuring Machine inspects the finished parts the next morning to assure quality. Tumble finishing, sub-assembly, and passivation are performed in-house to complete the process. Jaco Machine Works delivers finished parts in reusable packaging directly into the customer’s optics clean room for assembly, under a Vendor Managed Inventory program. Jaco Machine Works earned Certified Supplier award for outstanding quality and on-time-delivery.
Whatever your application might be, our engineers are happy to assist in any way to bring your product to market in the shortest amount of time and at the lowest cost possible.